MR. WOON says......

Welcome....Happy reading. **READ AND comment........... feel free to say what you want to say.............

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

OSAT 4- A monologue

STORY 4- OSAT (of students and teachers)

A student’s voice:

I’m Kee Meng. I’m 15. I study in a national secondary school.

In the morning, I am in school. School is boring. I just can’t understand what the teachers are teaching. As I can’t understand them, I always feel sleepy. I put my head on the desk. Close my eyes. Relax . Then, I am fast asleep. It is so fast and so easy to fall a sleep. A few teachers will poke me asking me to get up to learn. I ignore them. However, some will scold me for being rude. Am I?

When I get up, I have nothing else to do except talk to my friends who sit around me . I talk to them even while the teachers are teaching. They don’t seem to mind. Have they given up hope on me? They carry on teaching and I continue my conversation. I don’t care . They don't bother.

After school, I work in a motorcycle workshop. That is when I am fully awake. I become alive. Nothing is boring here. The smell of oil, the sound of rumbling engine and the sight of engine parts make my day. These will I not miss. I can miss school but not the workshop.

Why go to school then? My teachers ask me. Well, my parents force me. What am I to do?

2 Comments:

At May 28, 2008 at 11:37 PM , Blogger enilit said...

"Of Students and Teachers", do you mean?

 
At June 5, 2008 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Joel Yap said...

In such situations, what can teachers do?
Bring motorcycles into the classroom?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home